MIDLAND (AP) – Officers in West Texas who answered calls about a kangaroo hopping along a road helped capture the pet and return the animal to its owner.
Midland County Sheriff Gary Painter says deputies thought dispatchers were crazy when calls came in Tuesday night from people who said they saw a kangaroo. Patrol car video shows some of the chase along a rural highway near Midland.
Deputies helped corner the 4-foot-tall kangaroo as the owner offered a treat to the animal, then grabbed the pet.
Painter said Wednesday that Midland County has an exotic animals ordinance and owners must notify the sheriff’s office. Authorities are checking to see if a pet kangaroo falls under that category.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
[display-posts category=”news,sports” posts_per_page=”5″]
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures