Update at 2:27 p.m. HURST (CBSDFW.COM) – Hurst Animal Control has found the stolen parrot, known as Captain Jack and will soon be reunited with his owner.
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Arlington police are trying to find the thieves who stole tools at an automotive business along with their mascot.
Bill Salmon owner of Sunrise Automotive says the thieves broke in last Thursday night and took Captain Jack, their 9-year old Macaw parrot.
“Well, he’s a pretty bird. He lives here, but he’s his own man,” said Salmon. “He’s a mascot for the shop. But he’s also a mascot for Captain Jack’s Auto Parts, which we just opened and named after him.”
Salmon says he’s offering a 5-thousand dollar reward for return of Captain Jack and the large tool box stolen.
The thieves drove off in a customer’s truck. It was later found stripped in Fort Worth.
[display-posts category=”news,sports” posts_per_page=”5″]
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures