NORTH RICHLAND HILLS (CBSDFW.COM) – Police are asking for help identifying the person or persons who stole checks from an elderly North Richland Hills resident and then forged them for larger amounts than written.
On October 31, 2013 someone stole several checks from a residential mailbox in the 8000 Block of Laura Street. The elderly victim realized something was wrong after contacting her bank and being informed that the checks had been altered and cashed for more money than originally written.
Once police were contacted investigators learned that three separate checks had been used at Sam’s Clubs locations in Fort Worth, Irving and Grapevine. All of the checks were fraudulently used just one day after being stolen, on November 1.
Surveillance cameras at the big box stores captured images of the individual using the forged checks. The man in the photo above was also seen driving or riding in a light-colored , newer model Ford Mustang.
Police departments in the city of the theft and the cities of the fraudulent use are all investigating this incident.
Anyone who recognizes the person in the photo above or has information about the check thefts is asked to contact the North Richland Hills Police Department at 817-427-7030.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- UTA Student Who Died In Flooding Remembered Monday Night
- Attorney For Fired Dallas Officer Says Chief ‘Bowed To Pressure From Anti-Police Groups’
- Dallas Police In-Custody Death Remains Mystery 2 Years Later
- Former Officer Testifies In Aggravated Assault Trial: ‘I Told Myself, Derick Don’t Die Out Here’
- Cowboys Passing Game A Work In Progress
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures