DALLAS (KRLD) — A Dallas business man, in conjunction with Mount Carmel Missionary Baptist Church, provided free meals to 1,200 people from food trucks on Christmas Day.
Don Kaye, owner of D&J Sports, rented the three food trucks and distributed food at two locations in the Fair Park area of Dallas.
He says he got he idea while delivering meals through the church on Thanksgiving Day.
“We went to deliver meals this year, we had extra people coming to the car to ask for us for another meal — we didn’t have any,” said Kaye. “I thought to myself, maybe we can do something for Christmas.”
The food trucks were located at the intersections of Metropolitan Avenue and Robert B. Cullum Boulevard and Pine Street and Lamar Street.
Video taken at one of the food truck locations shows people singing and dancing, all while wearing Santa hats to celebrate the occasion.
After a positive experience, Kaye says he plans on continuing this tradition each year.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dez Bryant Apologizes For Walking Off Field
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures