AUSTIN, Texas (AP) – A San Antonio man has been arrested for allegedly bludgeoning another man to death with a sledgehammer at a New Year Eve party.
Investigators searching under a tarp in the yard recovered the body of a 28-year-old man outside a home on Wyoming Street on the city’s east side.READ MORE: 1 Injured, At Least 24 Units Destroyed After Fire At Fort Worth Apartment Complex
The victim and suspect were not immediately identified.
Neighbors told several San Antonio media outlets that a party at the home had begun Tuesday night and lasted into Wednesday morning.READ MORE: 'This Is Beyond Bullying': Justice Sought For Plano ISD Boy Allegedly Abused By Haggard Middle School Students
The victim and suspect are believed to have become involved in an altercation around 9 a.m.
The incident marks San Antonio’s first homicide of 2014.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)MORE NEWS: Data Shows 66% Drop In Risk Of Contracting COVID-19 In Dallas County
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Tony Romo’s Injury Might Cost Dallas Cowboys Coaching Staff Their Jobs
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures