AUSTIN, Texas (AP) – A San Antonio man has been arrested for allegedly bludgeoning another man to death with a sledgehammer at a New Year Eve party.
Investigators searching under a tarp in the yard recovered the body of a 28-year-old man outside a home on Wyoming Street on the city’s east side.READ MORE: Oklahoma Supreme Court Blocks 3 New Anti-Abortion Laws
The victim and suspect were not immediately identified.
Neighbors told several San Antonio media outlets that a party at the home had begun Tuesday night and lasted into Wednesday morning.
The victim and suspect are believed to have become involved in an altercation around 9 a.m.READ MORE: Severe Weather Threat For North Texas Tuesday Night, Early Wednesday Morning
The incident marks San Antonio’s first homicide of 2014.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Tony Romo’s Injury Might Cost Dallas Cowboys Coaching Staff Their Jobs
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures