WACO (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Police in Central Texas say a man expecting a hotel tryst after responding to a Craigslist ad has been beaten and robbed of his money and sandwich.READ MORE: Fort Worth Firefighters Save 7 People Trapped Inside Burning Home
The victim told Waco officers that shortly after he entered the hotel room Wednesday afternoon to meet a woman, a man came out of a hiding place and began assaulting him. The victim received facial injuries in the assault.
He fled the room and contacted police, who later found his attackers in the same hotel room.
Forty-two-year-old Melissa Mae Ragsdale and 40-year-old Chadrick Jason Sinks each were charged with robbery and failure to provide identification. Police say they’re wanted in Tarrant County on burglary charges.READ MORE: Dallas Cowboys Defensive Coordinator Dan Quinn Says He's Staying With The Team For 2022
They remained in custody Thursday. Online jail records did not indicate attorneys for the pair.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures