DETROIT, Mich (CBS NEWS) – General Motors is adding more than 588,000 vehicles to a recall to fix ignition switches that can shut off engines and cause crashes.
The company says it’s adding Saturn Ion compacts from 2003 through 2007, and Chevrolet HHR SUVs and Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky sports cars from 2006 and 2007.
The additional vehicles increase the total recall to 1.37 million. GM announced Feb. 13 that it would recall 780,000 Chevrolet Cobalts and Pontiac G5s from the 2005 through 2007 model years.
- North Texas Woman Arrested After Using Child As Shield Following Attempted Bank Robbery
- Fort Worth Hires New Fire Chief
- Done Deal: Leonard Goes To Raptors, DeRozan Goes To Spurs
- Truck Driver Arrested In Connection To Vicious Attack On 13-Year-Old
- President Trump Interviewed By CBS Evening News’s Jeff Glor Following Helsinki Summit
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures