OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. (AP) – Caron Butler has agreed to sign with the Oklahoma City Thunder, according to a person close to the situation.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity Friday because the deal had not been finalized.
The Milwaukee Bucks agreed to a contract buyout with the 33-year-old forward Thursday and waived him. The source says Butler is expected to sign with Oklahoma City after he clears waivers Saturday.
Butler, who won an NBA title with Dallas in 2011, adds a scorer to a team that has lost three straight but expects to contend for an NBA title. He appeared in 34 games for Milwaukee this season, averaging 11.0 points and 4.6 rebounds. He has career averages of 15.3 points, 5.4 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game.
The Thunder could not be immediately reached for comment.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fort Worth Police: 2 Men Dead After Shooting At Home Depot
- Dallas Police Searching For “Critically” Missing 25 Year Old
- Dallas Curfew Ordinance For Teens Set To Expire After Nearly 30 Years
- North Texas Agencies Providing Food For Local Government Employees
- Weekend Cold Front Brings Chance For Snow In North Texas
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures