DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — The Dallas Mavericks have assigned rookie point guard Gal Mekel to the Texas Legends of the NBA Development League, the team announced on Tuesday.
Mekel, who has missed the last 21 games after undergoing arthroscopic surgery to address a torn lateral meniscus in his right knee, is averaging 2.4 points, 2.1 assists and 9.6 minutes in 30 games this season.
Mekel has struggled in his rookie campaign, starting just one game. The return of Devin Harris leaves fewer minutes and less of an opportunity for Mekel to rehab with game action.
The 26-year-old spent two seasons at Wichita State University before leaving school early to play in Europe.
Last season, Mekel led Maccabi Haifa to an Israeli League Championship, while winning his second league MVP award.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 1 Dead In North Texas House Fire
- Former Pastor, Sex Offender Has Probation Revoked After He’s Seen With Children
- Top Daily Fantasy Players Week 15: Mahomes And Rivers Square Off
- Ex-Trump Lawyer Michael Cohen Sentenced To 3 Years In Prison
- Former Boyfriend Of Deceased Domestic Violence Advocate Indicted For Murder
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures