TROY, Ala. (AP) – Brandon Edwards had 33 points and 19 rebounds to lead Texas-Arlington to an 87-86 double overtime victory at Troy on Thursday night.
Reger Dowell’s 3-pointer, with 1:19 left in the second overtime, gave UT Arlington (14-15, 9-8 Sun Belt Conference) the lead for good at 82-80.
After Kevin Thomas’ missed jumper left Troy (10-19, 5-12) down 84-81 with 26 seconds left, UTA extended to 87-83 and fouled Hunter Williams on a 3-point attempt with 3 seconds left.
Williams made the first two free throws and tried to miss the third on purpose, but the shot banked in and the Mavericks hung on for the one-point victory.
UTA had used a 19-0 run to pull ahead 63-49 with 6:35 left in the second half, and the Trojans answered with a 16-2 run to close out regulation tied at 65.
Hunter Williams had 25 points and Antoine Myers 21 to lead Troy.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Heat Cancels Some North Texas Events, But Not Dallas Zoo Dollar Day
- Ice Companies Loving Heatwave: Triple-Digit Temps Mean Cold Cash
- Historic LaGrave Field To Get Millions of Dollars Of Improvements So Baseball Can Return
- Outgoing Texas GOP Lawmaker Calls For Trump’s Impeachment
- Man Arrested After Pipe Bombs Found During Eviction
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures