IRVING, Texas (AP) – The Dallas Cowboys have signed free agent linebacker and special teams player Will Herring.
The eighth-year pro spent the past three seasons with New Orleans after starting his career with four years in Seattle. He was a fifth-round pick by the Seahawks in 2007.
Herring played in all 16 games the past two seasons with the Saints, but made just two starts. He has 10 starts in 97 career games, with 72 tackles and one sack.
The addition of the 30-year-old Herring comes a day after the Cowboys added veteran defensive linemen Terrell McClain and Jeremy Mincey.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Vigil Held At Detroit Church For Aretha Franklin
- Cowboys DE Gregory Says Drug Ban Was “Self-Sabotaging”
- Bonney Leaves Longhorns For Big 12 Rival Texas Tech
- Austin City Council To Try Again For MLS Stadium Vote
- Jones Helps Sun Hand Wings Their 9th Straight Loss 96-76
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures