COLLEYVILLE (CBSDFW.COM) – Homeowners are joining Colleyville’s new ‘No Knock’ list so fast, that a knock on the door asking for money, could be asking for trouble. More than 1,100 homes are now on the list, which prohibits solicitors from approaching homes, and carries a $500 fine for those who do it anyway.
That number means in just four weeks since the ordinance went into effect, nearly 15 percent of the city is already off limits to solicitors. City staffers said they couldn’t remember an idea that took off as fast.
Police said they had received calls related to the new rule, but did not immediately have information on any citations made in relation to it. The department averages about a half dozen solicitor calls a month.
A second list the city maintains now, of homes that welcome solicitors, contains just one address. No one answered the door at the home Tuesday. City staffers figured the owners possibly just signed up on the wrong list.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Stars Even Series With 5-1 Win Over Predators At The AAC
- Storms Bring High Winds, Rain And Hail To Parts Of North Texas
- Professional Gambler Sets Another Winnings Record On ‘Jeopardy!’
- Survivor Of Texas Tornado Describes Escape From Grass House
- 2 Get Prison For Immigrant Smuggling That Led To 2 Deaths
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures