FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – The first-ever Fort Worth Food and Wine Festival finally kicks off on Thursday. The huge event took two years to plan, and it looks to be a lot of fun for North Texas foodies. There are both paid and free events all over the city, beginning with a party at Billy Bob’s Texas.
Visitors will be able to see chef demonstrations, participate in cooking classes and, of course, sample some of the delicious cuisine that is unique to DFW and Fort Worth in particular.
CBS 11 News reporter Elizabeth Dinh could not wait to check out everything that the festival will have to offer. She got a sneak peek of the event on Wednesday morning. See her live reports below to learn more.
- Fort Worth Police Step Up Security At Stockyards Due To Motorcycle Gang Gathering
- Teenager Turns Himself In After Police Find Man Shot To Death
- ‘We’re Already Losing Our Grass’: Armyworms Invading North Texas Neighborhoods
- One-Time ‘Hidden Figure’ Helping Teens Dream Big In STEM Fields
- Texas Baptist Men On Road To Help With Recovery In North Carolina
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures