For more than a century, the art of film has captured the magic of human imagination and the trials of the human spirit. Guided by the steady stream of new technology, film today is a powerful force that, depending on those who wield it, gives a voice to the voiceless and pushes the boundaries of what we consider possible.
This year, as in years past, it is the Dallas International Film Festival’s mission to encourage this universal art form by bringing to Dallas quality independent films from around the world and by promoting local filmmakers on an international stage.
DIFF is especially excited this year to expand their celebration of Latin American cinema — with a total of eight outstanding films in our Latino Showcase — and to strengthen the cultural ties that bind North Texas to its neighbors across the continents.
- Cruz, O’Rourke Talk Immigration, Guns, Trump In Heated 1st Texas Senate Debate
- A Dog’s Life: Uno, Beagle Who Wowed Westminster, Dies At 13
- Johnson County Community Mourns Mother, Daughter Killed In House Fire
- Meet Blake! Fossil Rim Welcomes Second Rhino Calf Of 2018
- Dallas ISD Deputy Superintendent Resigns Amid Allegations Of Employee Misconduct
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures