GRAND PRAIRIE (CBSDFW.COM) – Grand Prairie police are investigating an accident that killed one person around 9:15 p.m. Saturday on eastbound I-30 near Belt Line Road.
Witnesses told police a 2006 blue Ford Escape was driving erratically, and crossed into the right shoulder of the I-30 eastbound lanes.
The Escape then collided with a semi truck that was stalled on the shoulder.
The Escape then overturned and burst into flames.
The driver inside the escape became trapped and unable to get out, dying at the scene.
According to a police spokesman Sgt. Eric Hansen, the person was “burned beyond recognition.” The Medical Examiner’s Office will release the person’s identity once it is known and next-of-kin is notified.
The driver of the semi was uninjured in the accident, sitting in the cab of the truck at the time. He was awaiting repair assistance.
Police continue to investigate the accident, and have identified this wreck as the second fatal accident in Grand Prairie this year.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Effort Started To Rename Street Outside American Airlines Center ‘Nowitzki Way’
- Homeschooled North Texas Teen Graduates College At 16 Years Old
- 2 Yorkshire Terriers Stolen During Home Burglary In Royse City
- Dallas Maverick Luka Doncic A Unanimous NBA All-Rookie First-Team Pick
- New Coke Is Back And It’s All Because Of “Stranger Things”
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures