FRISCO, Texas (AP) – Aston Villa will play two games against Major League Soccer teams in Texas during a preseason tour.
The English Premier League club will face FC Dallas on July 23 in Frisco, Texas, then play at the Houston Dynamo three days later.
Villa also said Tuesday it will play an exhibition at the Dutch team Groningen on Aug. 2 as it prepares for Premier League openers Aug. 16-17.
Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Arsenal also have announced preseason games in the U.S.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ‘Kids Count’ Childhood Poverty Rankings Show Slight Improvement In Texas
- New Round Of Renovations At Former Home Of Grand Prairie ISD Superintendent Susan Hull
- Dallas Zoo 1-Year-Old Giraffe Named After Cowboys Jason Witten Dies
- Rangers’ Hunter Pence On Injured List After Groin Strain In Sunday’s Game
- Man Jumps Through Drive Thru Window At Fort Worth McDonald’s, Steals Cash Register
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures