Susy Solis CBS 11 News | CBSDFW.COM

DALLAS, Texas (CBS 11 NEWS) – Questions about how Dallas Police handled the D’Lisa Kelley Case remain almost one month after she disappeared.

An internal investigation was launched after her body was found a week after she went missing.

Sgt. Kevin Wasnell, who oversees the 911 call center, was placed on administrative leave for 5 days in connection with the investigation but is now back on regular duty.

Family members say Dallas Police acted with no urgency when they called 911 on March 7th, the last day Kelley was seen alive, and for several days after that.

D’Lisa Kelley was last seen around 4:30 p.m. on Friday, March 7th.

A family member received a phone call from Kelley in which Kelley could be heard screaming and having a struggle with an unknown man.

A text from Kelley’s phone was sent saying she would call later, but she never did.

Concerned for her safety, Kelley’s grandmother called 911, but officers were not sent to her home so she could file a report.

Two days later, on Sunday, March 9th, Kelley’s father went into Dallas Police Headquarters hoping to get someone to help him.

“Basically (he was) pleading them to take this case, and that’s when they finally did this missing persons report,” said Dominique Alexander, who was speaking on behalf of the Kelley family.

Four days after Kelley disappeared, Dallas Police called a press conference asking for the public’s help in finding her.

Three days after that, on March 14th, Kelley’s body was found in an abandoned house.

Kelley’s family says had police shown urgency, things might not have taken a tragic turn.

An internal investigation was launched. Internal affairs investigators met with Kelley’s grandmother Wednesday, where she gave a statement concerning the 911 phone she made to police on March 7th.

Now family members are urging lawmakers to enact what they’d call a “Kelley Alert,” similar to an Amber Alert.

That law would require immediate police response if any kind of disturbance is overheard during a phone call.

“Bottom line, all they want is to see who killed D’Lisa and bring him to justice,” Alexander said.

(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Latest News:

[display-posts category=”news,sports” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”5″]

Top Trending: