ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Arlington police say the estranged husband of a woman who was discovered shot to death outside her home early Sunday morning has turned himself in for her murder.
Authorities say neighbors called 9-1-1 after hearing an argument followed by gunshots around 1:14 a.m. on the 300 block of Juniper Dr.
When police arrived, they found a 35-year-old Latoya Alexander shot to death in a car outside her home.
The first person in interest that police considered was her estranged husband 36-year-old Devanne Jones.
As it turns out, Jones turned himself in to Sumner County, Kansas Sheriff’s Department, admitting to the murder.
Family members say Alexander and Jones had been together since shortly after high school, and while they had problems like any ordinary relationship faces, they didn’t expect this.
CBS 11 News is told Alexander was funny, fun-loving and an always adoring mother.
The couple had three children together, ages 19, 16 and 13. They were home at the time of the shooting, and are now staying with relatives.
Police have yet to release any indication of motive in the case, as it is still being investigated.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Report: Boy Scouts Of America Considering Bankruptcy
- BBB Shares Findings On Deceptive ‘Free Trial’ Offers
- Campus Outrage At UT Dallas Gets Former Baylor Student Accused Of Rape Kicked Off Campus
- Deliberations Next In Trial Against Nightclub Accused Of Over-Serving Former Cowboy Who Caused Deadly Crash
- Wintery Mix; 50 MPH Wind Gusts Possible Thursday, Friday; Winter Storm Watch West Of DFW
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures