FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – State senator and candidate for Texas governor Wendy Davis will undergo routine neck surgery tomorrow, according to a statement released by her campaign office.
The surgery will correct an issue often experienced by runners says Communications Director Zac Petkanas.
“After experiencing shoulder and right arm pain in recent weeks, Senator Davis will have a routine surgical procedure to remove bone spurs and degenerative discs that are creating compression on the nerves in her neck. This is a common issue experienced by runners and endurance athletes,” said Petkansas in a written statement.
The surgery, “an anterior cervical discectomy with fusion at discs C5-7” will be performed as an outpatient procedure by Dr. Thomas Ellis of Fort Worth Brain and Spine Institute.
Sen. Davis will return to the campaign trail after the Easter holiday.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Happy Ending After North Texas Woman Gives Birth In Moving Minivan To Baby Not Breathing
- North Texas Siblings Calling For Road Improvements Where Loved One And Others Have Died
- Free D-Link Bus Service In Downtown Dallas Will Likely End
- Southlake Woman Who Hadn’t Been Seen Since Saturday Night Is Found Safe
- Dallas Police Officer Fired For ‘Inappropriate Force,’ Violating Policy And Giving False Statements
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures