ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) — Arlington Police have arrested a suspect in connection with the shooting of two men Thursday night at an Arlington park.
Brince Shaw, 21, was transported to Medical City of Arlington, where he was pronounced dead. 21-year-old Timothy Pickens is expected to survive.
Multiple witnesses to the shooting have identified the gunman as 25-year-old Deaudrick Jewuane Clayton. He was arrested Friday afternoon without incident and remains in the Arlington City Jail.
He faces a charge of Murder with bail set at $300,000 and Aggravated Assault with bail set at $50,000.
Officers responded to the shooting report at Marti Van Ravenswaay Park at 4601 Bowman Springs Road shortly before midnight. A group of people were standing in the park, along with two gunshot victims.
Investigators believe the shooting stemmed from an altercation between two groups earlier in the evening in a different city. It is believed that the victims and suspect agreed to meet at the Arlington park.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Man Charged With Killing His Brother Over A Cell Phone
- Customers Claim Major Financial Giants Lured Them Into Money Loss
- Poultry Mogul Bo Pilgrim Dies At 89
- Truck Driver Could Face Death Penalty In Deadly Human Smuggling Case
- Mammoth Remains Uncovered In Parker County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures