ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) — Arlington Police have arrested a suspect in connection with the shooting of two men Thursday night at an Arlington park.
Brince Shaw, 21, was transported to Medical City of Arlington, where he was pronounced dead. 21-year-old Timothy Pickens is expected to survive.
Multiple witnesses to the shooting have identified the gunman as 25-year-old Deaudrick Jewuane Clayton. He was arrested Friday afternoon without incident and remains in the Arlington City Jail.
He faces a charge of Murder with bail set at $300,000 and Aggravated Assault with bail set at $50,000.
Officers responded to the shooting report at Marti Van Ravenswaay Park at 4601 Bowman Springs Road shortly before midnight. A group of people were standing in the park, along with two gunshot victims.
Investigators believe the shooting stemmed from an altercation between two groups earlier in the evening in a different city. It is believed that the victims and suspect agreed to meet at the Arlington park.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- TCU Will Advance To Big 12 Championship Game, If They Beat Baylor
- Fort Worth Fire Department Vehicle Stolen From House Fire Scene
- Barnes Beats The Buzzer To Lift Mavericks Over Grizzlies 95-94
- MacKinnon Assists On Every Goal As Avalanche Blank Stars 3-0
- Hotel Chef Prepares Thanksgiving Meal For Dallas First Responders
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures