SAN FRANCISCO (AP) – Microsoft says it will start selling its Xbox One video game console in China in September.
Microsoft Corp. says it is launching the system through a partnership with BesTV New Media Co., a subsidiary of Shanghai Media Group. Microsoft says the system will be available throughout China.
Video game consoles are technically banned in the country, but Microsoft was able to get around this by working with BesTV, which is part owned by the Chinese government. Microsoft and BesTV have a joint video game venture called E-Home Entertainment. It was the first company registered in China’s Shanghai free-trade zone.
Microsoft says the Xbox launch is a “significant milestone” for the company and the industry.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fort Worth Police Step Up Security At Stockyards Due To Motorcycle Gang Gathering
- Teenager Turns Himself In After Police Find Man Shot To Death
- ‘We’re Already Losing Our Grass’: Armyworms Invading North Texas Neighborhoods
- One-Time ‘Hidden Figure’ Helping Teens Dream Big In STEM Fields
- Texas Baptist Men On Road To Help With Recovery In North Carolina
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures