PLANO (KRLD) — A Plano sister’s tweet has gone viral after her heartbreaking plea to the British boy band One Direction.
Kelly Wilson lost her 15-year-old sister Nicole on Saturday due to complications from type 1 diabetes. Kelly says her sister loved the band and their song, “Story of My Life.”
Kelly made a plea on Twitter on Monday night to the band.
“It would just be amazing if the band could honor her by saying the song is for Nicole Wilson,” said Kelly. “She passed away in her sleep due to diabetes. And this would spread awareness about diabetes.”
As of Wednesday, Kelly had not heard from her sister’s favorite band.
Her father, Chris, says Nicole compared the group to the Beatles. “Nicole shared of herself and gave of herself without ever asking for anything in return. We miss her.”
One Direction will be performing at AT&T Stadium in Arlington on August 24.
You can help the family’s mission by tweeting @OneDirection and using the hashtag “#SingForNicole”.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- First Texas Democrat To Run For President In 2020, Julian Castro, Campaigns In Dallas
- State Department Rejects Visas For Family Of Former Afghan Translator Shot, Paralyzed In Dallas
- Former Green Bay Packers Star Randall Cobb Signs 1-Year Deal With Cowboys
- Jesuit Dallas Sued Over Alleged Child Sexual Abuse By Former Priest
- Fans Get Into Melee After Boxing Match Saturday Night In Arlington
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures