FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A Fort Worth police officer was seriously hurt in a car crash early Friday morning on the city’s north side.
The crash happened around 2:30 a.m. at the intersection of Main Street and Long Avenue.
According to police, a North Division patrol officer was responding to a call and heading north on Main Street. An SUV traveling east on Long Avenue apparently ran the red light and hit the patrol car.
The injured officer was taken to John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth. His injuries were called serious, but not life threatening. The driver of the car and a passenger were also taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Investigators were looking into whether alcohol was a factor in the crash.
- Texas Executes Man For 2004 Store Owner Murder
- Texas Instruments’ New CEO Loses Job For Personal Misconduct
- Thousands Want SAT Rescored After Lower-Than-Normal Results
- Kids In Hot Cars, A Warning Worth Repeating
- Saharan Dust, Extreme Heat Making For Miserable Outdoor Activities
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures