CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) – NASCAR has penalized Kurt Busch and his Stewart-Haas Racing team for failing a post-race inspection at Daytona International Speedway.
Crew chief Daniel Knost was fined $10,000 on Tuesday because the track bar on Busch’s Chevrolet exceeded the maximum separation. Busch finished third in Sunday’s rain-shortened and rescheduled race.
Busch was also docked 10 driver points, and Gene Haas was docked 10 owner points.
The penalty dropped Busch from 24th to 26th in the standings. But the 2004 NASCAR champion still has a 156-point advantage on the 31st-place driver. Busch only needs to be ranked in the top 30 to be eligible for the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police Searching For Armed Men Who Robbed Bedford Waffle House
- 1 Dead, 1 In Custody After Shooting And Police Standoff In Hunt County
- Search Continues For Missing North Texas Woman After Crews Recover Body Of Estranged Boyfriend
- “Jeopardy!” Puts Together 1st Ever Team Contest, Past Champs Onboard
- U.S.-Mexico Border Wall Could Be Tricky Issue, Especially For O’Rourke
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures