DALLAS (AP) — The Big 12 Conference has assigned a female official to work one of its games for the first time in league history.
Commissioner Bob Bowlsby said Monday that Catherine “Cat” Conti will be on the crew for Kansas’ season opener at home Sept. 6 against Southeast Missouri State.
While calling this a good opportunity for Conti and the league, Bowlsby says Big 12 officiating supervisor Walt Anderson assigned Conti “because she is just a darned good official.”
Bowlsby says Conti, a Southland Conference official, has paid her dues.
Kansas coach Charlie Weis jokingly said he’ll try not to use as many curse words during the game.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Football Hall Of Fame Members Threaten Boycott Of Inductions
- Top Daily Fantasy Plays For Each Team In Week 3
- Elvis Andrus On Globe Life Field: ‘Amazing Feeling As A Player Knowing That’s Coming Soon’
- Top Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Pickups For NFL Week 3
- The Baseball Report: Orioles Could Set Franchise Mark For Futility