FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) — Fort Hood and III Corps have a new commanding general.
Lt. Gen. Sean B. MacFarland relieved Lt. Gen. Mark Milley of command during ceremonies Friday at the Central Texas Army post.
MacFarland comes to Fort Hood after commanding Fort Bliss and the 1st Armored Division.
Milley had commanded III Corps and Fort Hood since December 2012. He will be promoted to general and become the commanding general of the U.S. Army Forces Command at Fort Bragg, N.C., on Aug. 15.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- North Texas High School Students Cooking Up Compassion
- Guardsman Arrested At Border For Sex Assault, Fired Last Year By Texas Sheriff
- Task Force Created To Help US Airlines Respond To ‘Mile High Club’ Members
- Flower Mound, Fort Worth Firefighters Assigned To Woolsey Wildfire In Southern California
- Texas Inmate Confesses To 90 Murders Across Country