FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) — Fort Hood and III Corps have a new commanding general.
Lt. Gen. Sean B. MacFarland relieved Lt. Gen. Mark Milley of command during ceremonies Friday at the Central Texas Army post.
MacFarland comes to Fort Hood after commanding Fort Bliss and the 1st Armored Division.
Milley had commanded III Corps and Fort Hood since December 2012. He will be promoted to general and become the commanding general of the U.S. Army Forces Command at Fort Bragg, N.C., on Aug. 15.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Higher Priced Shingles Could Save North Texas Homeowners Money In Long Run
- North Texas Couple Gets 7 Years In Prison For Forced Labor Of Child
- TCU Police Increase Patrols Following Social Media Threat In Fort Worth
- 4 Found Dead Inside North Fort Worth Home
- Family Charged With Scheme To Get Masters Tickets For Resale