FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) -A Hazmat team treated several Fort Worth Fire Fighters after being exposed to chemicals while stomping out a fire.
The fire was at 405 E. Daggett Ave at Jar-Texas Industries, a metal finishing company carries numerous chemicals on site.
20 firefighters were exposed to the chemicals while fighting the fire Saturday night.
FWFD Hazardous Materials Response Teams responded to the scene to identify and mitigate the hazardous materials on site.https:
Right now it is not believed any firefighters were contaminated, but their gear was discarded.
The fire was determined to be accidental.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- McKinney Man Sentenced For Sexually Assaulting Special Needs Teenager
- Air Force Trainer Plane Crashes In Field; 2 On Board Reportedly OK
- Man Who Crashed Into News Station Free Pending Damage Report
- Elvis Andrus On Globe Life Field: ‘Amazing Feeling As A Player Knowing That’s Coming Soon’
- Prosecutor: North Texas Man Mistaken As Thief Shot With Hands Up