NEW YORK (AP) — HTC will start making a version of its flagship HTC One phone with Microsoft’s Windows software inside.
HTC says it developed the new model at the request of Microsoft, which has been trying to boost its Windows Phone system. The company will continue to make an Android version of the One, as well as other Android phones.
The Android version of HTC One is called M8, while the Windows version will be called M8 for Windows. The two look identical on the outside, except for a Windows Phone logo. Both sport metal exteriors and have screens measuring 5 inches diagonally.
The Windows phone will be available starting Tuesday through Verizon Wireless for $100 with a two-year contract and $600 without one.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- GPISD Superintendent Moving Out Of District-Owned House
- 1 Killed, 3 Injured In Small Plane Crash In Wise County
- Fort Worth Leaders Tackle Budget With $1B Retirement Fund Shortfall
- Pentagon Puts Off Military Parade Until 2019
- Dallas Nonprofit Urges Parents To Make After School Plans For Kids