RICHMOND, Va. (AP) – A broken shifter last week at Atlanta has put Clint Bowyer in desperation mode at Richmond. He needs a win on Saturday night to grab a dramatic last-grasp berth in the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship.
The broken part was a devastating blow to Bowyer, who lost two spots in the standings and fell behind Ryan Newman and Greg Biffle in the jockeying for the final two spots in the 16-driver Chase field.
Under NASCAR’s new win-and-in system, 17 different drivers can race their way into the Chase in the final “regular season” event.
Bowyer, a two-time winner at Richmond International Raceway, likes his chances.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Controversial Portrait Of Dak Prescott Appears In Fort Worth Art Exhibit
- GPISD Hints At Future Of Controversial Rental Home
- Miss America: Leadership Bullied, Manipulated, Silenced Me
- Man With Gold Teeth Lures Woman To Car, Exposes Himself
- Man Who Died In Plane Crash Was Experienced Pilot, Ran Skydiving Business