SOUTHLAKE (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Two men have been arrested over the 2013 slaying of an attorney from Mexico who was shot and killed in broad daylight in Southlake Town Square.
Law enforcement authorities scheduled a news conference Tuesday afternoon in Southlake on the investigation into the death of Juan Jesus Guerrero Chapa.
The Monitor newspaper reports two men from Mexico on Monday appeared in court in McAllen on charges of interstate stalking with intent to kill the lawyer. The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports an autopsy showed the victim was shot 10 times and had cocaine in his system.
Federal prosecutors didn’t immediately provide additional details Tuesday morning.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Man Pushed Off DART Platform Speaks From Hospital: ‘I Hit The Train And The Train Sucked Me In’
- I-Team Finds Hundreds Of Unsolved Skimmer Cases Across North Texas
- North Texas Teen Suffers Burns In Mobile Home Fire; Firefighter With Flu Sent To Hospital, Too
- Southwest Airlines Has Double The Usual Number Of Jets Out Of Service
- Man Jailed In Greenville Shot, Killed Adult Son By Mistake, Family Says