AUSTIN (AP) — Texas coach Charlie Strong said Monday quarterback David Ash is out indefinitely and that the Longhorns will push ahead with Tyrone Swoopes as the starting quarterback.
Ash missed Texas’ 41-7 loss to BYU on Saturday because of concussion symptoms. Swoopes was 20 of 31 passing for 176 yards with one touchdown and one interception in his first career start.
Ash has only appeared in four games since the start of the 2013 season. He was cleared to return this season and played most of Texas’ season-opening win over North Texas. Ash later reported headaches and dizziness after the game and hasn’t returned. He was on the sideline for the BYU game last week.
Texas (1-1) plays No. 12 UCLA (2-0) this Saturday at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ‘Goodnight, Officer Hull:’ Fort Worth Lights Up In Blue For Slain Officer
- 6,000 People Expected At Free Health Clinic In Fort Worth
- Texas School Superintendent Says “Can’t Count” On Black QBs
- Police Searching For Man In Connection To Dallas Woman’s Death
- “Serial Squatter” Gets Jail Time