LUFKIN (AP) — An East Texas woman who beat her children with a computer cord has been sentenced to prison.
KLTV-TV reports Shadondra Jenkins was sentenced to 9 ½ years after pleading guilty to two felony charges of injury to a child.
She was arrested in August 2013 after police say she whipped her 13-year-old daughter who accidentally burned food she was preparing for the family. They say her 8-year-old son was similarly abused.
The judge told Jenkins she was spared the maximum sentence because the guilty plea saved her children from having to testify.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas ISD Deputy Superintendent Resigns Amid Allegations Of Employee Misconduct
- Ivanka Trump Visits Mesquite Walmart, Tries Virtual Reality Training
- Stream #22 Texas A&M Vs. #1 Alabama
- NFL Picks – Week 3: Top Team In Los Angeles?
- Fantasy Football Week 3: Start Keelan Cole, Sit Desean Jackson?