Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — A Dallas city spokeswoman says health officials concerned with the spread of Ebola are using a state order to keep a homeless man quarantined so that his health can be monitored.

READ MORE: US Supreme Court To Consider Controversial Texas Abortion Law

According to Dallas officials, the 52-year-old man is being held at an undisclosed location in the city.

Authorities have said he was transported in an ambulance September 28 after it had been used to transport Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas.

After the man was found over the weekend by authorities he was taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital. The man was transported Sunday from Parkland to the undisclosed location. He’s being quarantined under an order issued by Texas Health Commissioner David Lakey.

READ MORE: Southlake Ranks 20th 'Best Small City In America'; Keller & Flower Mound Most Affordable

The unnamed man will reportedly be monitored the standard 21 days, which will have him in quarantine until October 18.

(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Latest News:

[display-posts category=”news,sports” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”5″]

MORE NEWS: Texas Mother And Son Arrested In Wyoming For Murder In Oklahoma

Top Trending: