Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter

TARRANT COUNTY (CBS 11 NEWS) – Arlington police are investigating a report of assault that happened at AT&T Stadium, after the Dallas Cowboys’ home win over the New York Giants.

READ MORE: CDC: Fully Vaccinated People No Longer Need To Wear Masks, Socially Distance In Many Indoor Situations

On October 19, Oscar and Jennifer Rangel were exiting the stadium in a sea of mostly Cowboys fans. Oscar wore a GoPro camera clipped to the bill of his Cowboys cap, recording the atmosphere post-victory.

“Let’s Go Cowboys!” can be heard on the recording. As Rangel makes his way through the crowd, the camera crashes to the ground. Rangel says someone in the crowd punched him in the jaw. A scuffle ensued, before witnesses broke it up. Rangel thinks the person who attacked him was a Giants fan, who didn’t like Rangel’s cheering.

“He felt the punch and the camera fell to the floor. When he picked up his camera and turned back around, that’s when he saw the [fan in the] number 10 jersey come at him again,” said Jennifer.

(credit: CBS 11 News)

(credit: CBS 11 News)

The video does not show any provocation.

“You shouldn’t just go hit somebody like that,” said Jennifer.

The fans never felt at risk during the game, especially since the game was held at their home stadium.

“There was no confrontation prior to the game, during the game, with anybody, even the Giants fans in front of us,” said Jennifer.

When Jennifer caught up to her husband, she found him spitting blood. They went to a hospital for treatment. Oscar Rangel ended up with his mouth wired shut. An x-ray showed a fracture in his jawbone.

The Rangels are devoted Cowboys fans from San Antonio, who drove up to Dallas that weekend, simply to watch their team.

READ MORE: Man Sentenced To Life For Murder Of Sara Hudson, Who Was Found In Burning SUV In Dallas

“I could understand my husband being disrespectful or loud if we were in the Giants stadium, but we were in our home stadium. We were excited that we won. We’ve been on a roll 6-1 and for this to happen out of nowhere, it’s very shocking. It’s disturbing that people could just do this kind of thing,” said Jennifer.

Jennifer says her insurance required they travel to Houston for Oscar’s oral surgery. Her husband will be eating out of a straw, and unable to work for the next six weeks.

Now facing medical bills and several trips to the oral surgeon, the Rangels want the attacker found and held accountable.

“For this to happen out of no where it’s just very shocking and very disturbing that people do these kind of things without having any reaction,” said Jennifer.

The Rangels filed a police report with Arlington Police on October 20. Detectives have access to the video Oscar captured.

While it may be a challenge to track down the assailant, police say the crime is not unsolvable. After an attack on a Cowboys fan in the fall of 2013, a tip led to an arrest this past May. Police are hoping witnesses, or anyone with information, will come forward in this case, too.

(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Latest News:

[display-posts category=”news,sports” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”5″]

MORE NEWS: Rolling Away -- Texas Motor Speedway President Eddie Gossage Announces Summer Retirement

Top Trending: