FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) — A 10-year-old Fort Worth girl was hit by a minivan while trick-o-treating Friday night.
She was transported to Cook Children’s Medical Center for treatment of a broken leg, police said.
The girl was trying to catch up with a group kids, when a parent who was following the kids in a mini-van, hit the child.
According to police, the driver was traveling very slowly. No more than 5 mph.
Police spokeswoman Natosha Tucker said charges likely wouldn’t be filed against the man who was driving the van.
The name of the victim was not released.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- TCU Wide Receiver KaVontae Turpin Arrested For Assault With Bodily Injury
- Cowboys Trade For Wide Receiver Cooper
- Fury About Reported Federal Plan Targeting Transgender People
- Early Voting For Midterm Elections Begin As Texans Headed To The Polls
- Murder Trial Underway For Gunman Accused In Uptown Dentist Murder