FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) — A 10-year-old Fort Worth girl was hit by a minivan while trick-o-treating Friday night.
She was transported to Cook Children’s Medical Center for treatment of a broken leg, police said.
The girl was trying to catch up with a group kids, when a parent who was following the kids in a mini-van, hit the child.
According to police, the driver was traveling very slowly. No more than 5 mph.
Police spokeswoman Natosha Tucker said charges likely wouldn’t be filed against the man who was driving the van.
The name of the victim was not released.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 2 Killed In 1-Car Crash In Collin County
- 2 Former Plano High Players Will Face Off In Super Bowl LIII
- Food Truck, Food Pantry Help ‘Feed The Feds’ In North Texas During Government Shutdown
- Search Party Finds Body In Creek Matching Description Of Missing Ennis Mother
- New Bill Aims To Cut County Portion Of Residents’ Property Tax Bill