FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) — A 10-year-old Fort Worth girl was hit by a minivan while trick-o-treating Friday night.
She was transported to Cook Children’s Medical Center for treatment of a broken leg, police said.
The girl was trying to catch up with a group kids, when a parent who was following the kids in a mini-van, hit the child.
According to police, the driver was traveling very slowly. No more than 5 mph.
Police spokeswoman Natosha Tucker said charges likely wouldn’t be filed against the man who was driving the van.
The name of the victim was not released.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Residents Voice Opinions On Arlington City Council Term Limits At Sunday Meeting
- Police: Father Yelled ‘Jesus Is Coming’ Before Fatally Stabbing 16-Month-Old Son
- Odor HR Sends Rangers Past Angels 4-2 To Cap Soggy Weekend
- Dallas Pastor Suspended By Church Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- 4 McKinney Homes Damaged By Lightning During Severe Storm