Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) — A 10-year-old Fort Worth girl was hit by a minivan while trick-o-treating Friday night.
She was transported to Cook Children’s Medical Center for treatment of a broken leg, police said.
The girl was trying to catch up with a group kids, when a parent who was following the kids in a mini-van, hit the child.
According to police, the driver was traveling very slowly. No more than 5 mph.
Police spokeswoman Natosha Tucker said charges likely wouldn’t be filed against the man who was driving the van.
The name of the victim was not released.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Recent Storms Have Some North Texans Wondering If They’re Insured Properly
- ‘Business As Usual’ To Resume At Dallas’ Earle Cabell Federal Building 2 Days After Gunman Killed Outside
- Dallas City Manager TC Broadnax Warns New Mayor Eric Johnson, Council About Budget Challenges Ahead
- 8 Planes, Helicopter At Fort Worth Aviation Museum Damaged During Sunday Storm
- 3-Year-Old Boy Asleep In Backseat Of Stolen Vehicle Found Safe In Dallas