DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – T-shirts, sticks of deodorant, and more.
Dallas County spent more than $234,306 on Ebola clean up.
A big chunk of the expenses came from The Cleaning Guys, the company initially hired to do the hazardous waste clean up and sanitation.
They charged Dallas County more than $216,000 for cleaning and decontaminating Nina Pham’s apartment, part of Amber Vinson’s apartment, and a vehicle.
Other expenses included:
· Saf-T-Pak infections biological shipping packages – $2,601
· Emergency Management staffing – $4,504
· Ebola fact sheets – $6,949.35
· Catering – $2,000
· Lock for hazardous material transport box – $10.81
· Deodarant for Louis Troh’s sons – $12.96
County leaders are hoping to re-coop some of that money through state and federal funding, but nothing has been approved yet.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
[display-posts category=”news,sports” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”5″]