Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — The Dallas Stars have traded defenseman Sergei Gonchar to the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for left wing Travis Moen, the team announced on Tuesday.
Moen, 32, has not recorded a point in 10 games with Montreal this season. He ranks second amongst Canadiens forwards with 12 blocked shots.
The 11-year veteran has recorded 125 points (56 G, 69 A) with Chicago, Anaheim, San Jose and Montreal.
“Travis is a proven forward that does all the gritty things needed to win,” said General Manager Jim Nill. “He brings leadership and experience to our forward group and will be an important part of our penalty kill.”
Moen was a fifth round selection by Calgary in the 2000 NHL Draft.
The 40-year-old Gonchar has collected one assist in three games this season. Since joining Dallas prior to last season, Gonchar has posted 23 points (2 G, 21 A) and 22 penalty minutes.
“We would like to thank Sergei Gonchar for his commitment to the organization and his help in developing our young defensemen. We wish him and his family the best.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Doncic, Dirk Lead Mavericks Over Warriors 126-91
- Woman Killed By Her 2 Pit Bulls In Attack At Irving Animal Hospital
- Protesters Gather In Deep Ellum Over Charges For Man Who Viciously Assaulted Woman
- Packers Kicker Mason Crosby Becomes Honorary Deputy In Williamson County, Texas
- Report: Cowboys Agree To 1-Year Deal With S George Iloka