DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — The Dallas Stars have traded defenseman Sergei Gonchar to the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for left wing Travis Moen, the team announced on Tuesday.
Moen, 32, has not recorded a point in 10 games with Montreal this season. He ranks second amongst Canadiens forwards with 12 blocked shots.
The 11-year veteran has recorded 125 points (56 G, 69 A) with Chicago, Anaheim, San Jose and Montreal.
“Travis is a proven forward that does all the gritty things needed to win,” said General Manager Jim Nill. “He brings leadership and experience to our forward group and will be an important part of our penalty kill.”
Moen was a fifth round selection by Calgary in the 2000 NHL Draft.
The 40-year-old Gonchar has collected one assist in three games this season. Since joining Dallas prior to last season, Gonchar has posted 23 points (2 G, 21 A) and 22 penalty minutes.
“We would like to thank Sergei Gonchar for his commitment to the organization and his help in developing our young defensemen. We wish him and his family the best.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Police Issue Arrest Warrant For Missing Priest Accused Of Child Molestation
- North Texas Company Looking To Hire Furloughed Workers Feeling The Pinch From Government Shutdown
- Air Travelers Say DFW Airport Security Running Smoothly During Shutdown
- North Richland Hills Police K-9 Recovering After Being Shot During Chase
- VIDEO: Chase Suspect Appears Surprised As Cops Arrest Him Outside Of Convenience Store