Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter
FORT WORTH (CBS 11 NEWS) – Thanksgiving dinner can be stressful, but no matter how many you feed the holiday doesn’t have to break the bank.
Let’s talk turkey. This week’s cheapest turkey is at Target. It’s going for 89 cents a pound.
“Their Stovetop stuffing is just a $1.25,” says Dian Farmer of groceryshopforfree.com. “I know a lot of people like to use Stovetop stuffing.”
She says people can save big bucks if they spend a few minutes looking through the sales papers for each store and clip coupons of products they use.
“You want to find the best deal of the product and find a coupon to go with that,” she told CBS 11 News.
This week at Walmart, Swanson’s broth is at 96 cents and with a coupon from this week’s sale paper will cut it down to 88 cents per box.
“Delmonte veggies are 78 cents, but a coupon from this week makes it 68 cents,” says Farmer.
And what’s Thanksgiving without a green bean casserole? French’s French Fried Onions are $1.42 with a coupon at Walmart. Plus, the quintessential Cranberry sauce is on sale for $1.38.
For more deals, check out Farmer’s website.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Police Investigating 3 Deadly Auto Accidents Across North Texas
- Construction Worker Hurt In Texas Hospital Natural Gas Explosion Sues Energy Company
- Child Predator Who Also Tried To Have Victim Killed Gets 50 Years
- Judge Agrees Missing Couple’s Children Should Stay With Family
- Sam Houston H.S. In Arlington Placed On Lockdown After Report Of Possible Weapon On Campus