WACO, Texas (AP) – An ex-judge judge already on probation in a mileage reimbursement scam must serve nine months in federal prison for stealing a dead Texan’s Social Security benefits.
Jean Laster Boone was sentenced Wednesday in Waco.
Boone in September pleaded guilty to theft of government property. Boone, who in October 2013 resigned as a McLennan County justice of the peace, was also fined $5,000.
Robert Martin Davis died in 2010. Boone, who was a longtime friend, had power of attorney for him and access to his bank account.
The Social Security Administration continued to deposit his benefits until October 2013. Boone earlier this year repaid about $16,000 in embezzled funds.
Boone last December received three years of probation after pleading guilty to record tampering over falsifying county mileage documents for maximum reimbursement.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Residents Voice Opinions On Arlington City Council Term Limits At Sunday Meeting
- Police: Father Yelled ‘Jesus Is Coming’ Before Fatally Stabbing 16-Month-Old Son
- Odor HR Sends Rangers Past Angels 4-2 To Cap Soggy Weekend
- Dallas Pastor Suspended By Church Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- 4 McKinney Homes Damaged By Lightning During Severe Storm