DALLAS (AP) — Prosecutors say 11 people have been indicted in a Dallas-area drug ring allegedly involving jail inmates and one of the state’s 10 Most Wanted Fugitives.
Texas Department of Public Safety records show Rodney Dewayne Wynn of Dallas remained at large Saturday.
Wynn was already on the most-wanted list on aggravated kidnapping and aggravated assault charges before federal prosecutors Friday announced the drug-related indictments.
Authorities say the drug ring since 2012 operated in South Dallas and at times from the county jail when several suspects were inmates. Nine suspects have been arrested, while Wynn and a woman, Christina Staton of Dallas, remain fugitives.
Prosecutors say the suspects face various conspiracy, drug trafficking, kidnapping, firearm, witness intimidation/tampering and records destruction charges.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Indians’ 5-Run First Inning Digs Big Hole For Rangers Who Fall 10-4
- 2 Arrested For April Murder Behind The Wheel On Dallas’ LBJ Service Road
- Possible Tornado Damages Highland Terrace Baptist Church, Other Buildings In Greenville
- Grand Jury To Consider Murder Charge On Farmers Branch Officer Who Shot, Killed Pickup Theft Suspect
- Stolen Guns Confiscated, 5 People Arrested After Armed Robbery At Arlington Pawn Shop