DALLAS (AP) — Prosecutors say 11 people have been indicted in a Dallas-area drug ring allegedly involving jail inmates and one of the state’s 10 Most Wanted Fugitives.
Texas Department of Public Safety records show Rodney Dewayne Wynn of Dallas remained at large Saturday.
Wynn was already on the most-wanted list on aggravated kidnapping and aggravated assault charges before federal prosecutors Friday announced the drug-related indictments.
Authorities say the drug ring since 2012 operated in South Dallas and at times from the county jail when several suspects were inmates. Nine suspects have been arrested, while Wynn and a woman, Christina Staton of Dallas, remain fugitives.
Prosecutors say the suspects face various conspiracy, drug trafficking, kidnapping, firearm, witness intimidation/tampering and records destruction charges.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stars Even Series With 5-1 Win Over Predators At The AAC
- Storms Bring High Winds, Rain And Hail To Parts Of North Texas
- Professional Gambler Sets Another Winnings Record On ‘Jeopardy!’
- Survivor Of Texas Tornado Describes Escape From Grass House
- 2 Get Prison For Immigrant Smuggling That Led To 2 Deaths