ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) — The Texas Rangers have been awarded LHP Scott Barnes on a waiver claim from the Baltimore Orioles.
The 27-year-old went 3-2 with a 3.69 ERA in 25 appearances (one start) last season at Triple-A Columbus in the Indians’ organization. He held opposing hitters to a .193 batting average.
He was designated for assignment on Nov. 23 and was traded to Baltimore for cash considerations on Nov. 26.
During the 2012 and 2013 seasons with Cleveland, Barnes appeared in 22 major league games in relief. In his MLB career, Barnes has pitched just 14.2 innings with a 5.20 ERA, including 26 strikeouts to 10 walks.
Barnes was selected by San Francisco in the 2008 MLB First Year Player Draft and was traded to Cleveland in July 2009.
Texas’ 40-man roster now stands at 38 players.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Argument Over Child Custody Leads To Shooting At UNT Dallas Campus
- Thompson, Defense Pace K-State To 21-6 Win Over Texas Tech
- Police: 2 Adults Charged With Injury To Child In 2-Year-Old’s Death In Arlington
- Vintage World War II Plane Crashes Near Texas Apartments
- Reagor Scores 2 Nifty TDs For TCU In 16-9 Win At Baylor