IRVING, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – All lanes of eastbound lanes of Hwy 183 in Irving at the Loop 12 bridge will be closed from 9:00am through 3:30pm today as workers prepare to make repairs to a heavily damaged bridge.
According to TXDOT the lanes will be closed as construction workers set concrete traffic barriers in preparation for emergency repairs to the eastbound SH 183 bridge over northbound Loop 12.
On Friday a truck with an unsecured load hit the bridge causing damage to multiple bridge beams.
Three beams will need to be replaced, keeping the right lane and shoulder closed on eastbound 183 for several weeks.
Signed detours will be in place. Motorists should expect delays, and are encouraged to use an alternate route.
Check traffic online: cbsdfw.com/traffic
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Executes Man For 2004 Store Owner Murder
- Texas Instruments’ New CEO Loses Job For Personal Misconduct
- Thousands Want SAT Rescored After Lower-Than-Normal Results
- Kids In Hot Cars, A Warning Worth Repeating
- Saharan Dust, Extreme Heat Making For Miserable Outdoor Activities