DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) -An Amber Alert was issued for a 4-year-old Denton boy who has not been seen since his mother was found dead at local business.
Richard Alekzander Lara was reported missing Saturday morning.
His mother,27-year-old, Maria Isabel Romero Medina, was found dead at her place of employment, Sanchez Insurance and Tax, in the 1100 block of East McKinney Street Saturday evening.
She was found after a customer tried to enter the business but the doors were locked, although it was during business hours.
An employee of the business came to the location and found the victim’s body inside the business.
Police responded to the deceased person call at Sanchez Insurance and Tax around 5 p.m.
Employees told police that Medina had a son. Police were later notified that her son was missing.
Richard Alekzander Lara is described as: Latino Male, 55 lbs, 3 foot tall, brown hair with brown eyes.
Denton Police have not been able to make contact with the child’s father, 23-year-old Ricardo Martinez, who is a person of interest.
The investigation is ongoing.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 1 Killed, 3 Injured In Small Plane Crash In Wise County
- Fort Worth Leaders Tackle Budget With $1B Retirement Fund Shortfall
- Pentagon Puts Off Military Parade Until 2019
- Dallas Nonprofit Urges Parents To Make After School Plans For Kids
- Suburban Police Departments Pay Officers Much More Than Dallas