DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A report detailing the short life of two month old Justice Hull shows the odds were stacked against the newborn from the day she was born.

Her 24-year-old mother was in jail at the time of her death. Her 63-year-old father didn’t appear to be in the picture. A 14-year-old is charged with intentionally drowning her, and the person responsible for her care had turned to Child Protective Services for help twice, only to be denied, in the weeks before her death.

READ MORE: Severe Weather Threat For North Texas Tuesday Night, Early Wednesday Morning

Over a 28 month period, CPS received 11 reports about Justice Hull’s mother and her alleged medical neglect of her children. The ninth report came about two weeks after Justice’s birth and resulted in the infant being placed in the home of a family friend.

READ MORE: Some Tenants Say Conditions At Dallas' Highland Hills Apartments Still Unlivable Following Explosion

After caring for Justice for more than a month, the family friend contacted CPS to ask for assistance to pay for daycare. She said her 19-year-old daughter, who had been watching the baby, was scheduled to return to school and could no longer watch her. CPS says she was told to contact Child Care Management Services. The family friend contacted CPS 10 days later, again asking for assistance, and was told again to contact CCMS. According to the report, she said she had made the call, but was on a waiting list. When CPS told her Justice may need to be moved to a different family or turned over to foster care, the friend said she could continue to care for Justice and would get financial assistance from other family members. Sixteen days later Justice was drowned, allegedly by the family friend’s 14-year-old daughter.

The CPS report goes on to list a detailed report of Justice’s mother’s interactions with CPS. A report on November 27, about two weeks after Justice was born, shows she tested positive for cocaine and PCP. A later test showed the baby also tested positive for those drugs.

MORE NEWS: Lawlessness Once Reigned On 'Hell's Half Acre' In Downtown Fort Worth