Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter

WAXAHACHIE (CBSDFW.COM) – The Fire Marshal says a contractor sawed through a gas line causing the house explosion in Waxahachie last week on Arabian Road.

READ MORE: North Texas Mom Hospitalized 93 Days With COVID-19 Delivers Healthy Baby Girl

After the line was cut, natural gas flowed into a sewer pipe that went into the home.

The report does not name the contractor.

READ MORE: DFW Area Has 5 Boys Basketball Players Named McDonald’s All Americans

At one point firefighters say they found a more than 90-percent concentration of natural gas in the neighborhood sewer lines.  That’s when they decided to evacuate the entire neighborhood.

One woman was badly hurt but is expected to recover from her injuries.

MORE NEWS: Dallas ISD To Launch Full-Time Virtual School This Coming Fall

(©2015 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)