NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Rain, thunderstorms and the threat of lightning is having a negative impact on high school football games scheduled across North Texas.
Meteorologists with the CBS 11 Storm Team say rain chances will increase, to near 60 to 70-percent, as the day goes on.
School districts across the area are making adjustments since the forecast has scattered storms, with lightning, possible near evening game times.
As it stands, game times for a number of gridiron face-offs have been pushed up hoping to beat the downpours. In fact, the kickoff time for one team in Denton will actually happen during class time.
The football game between Byron Nelson and Denton Guyer was delayed Thursday night and then rescheduled for 11 a.m. Friday. The wishful thinking continued but morning storms forced Denton Independent School District Athletic Director Joey Florence to push the game start time back to noon.
There still are no guarantees for the Byron Nelson vs. Denton Guyer game. Meteorologist Scott Padgett says a line of storms near weather ford will be making its way east and will most likely drop wet weather across the metroplex from 11 a.m. through midday.
The football game in Denton isn’t the only one being impacted by the rain. The following schools have made adjustments to their schedules –
- Thursday’s Frisco Liberty vs. Frisco Centennial game at Toyota Stadium was postponed. So far, no makeup date or time has been announced.
- Thursday’s Wylie East vs. McKinney game was stopped in the 2nd quarter and will resume at 1 p.m. Friday.
- Thursday’s Wilmer-Hutchins vs. Ranchview High game was stopped at halftime and postponed until 2:30 p.m. Friday.
- Thursday’s Garland vs. Lakeview Centennial game was stopped in the second quarter and postponed until 2 p.m. Friday.
- Thursday’s North Dallas vs. Bryan Adams game was stopped in the second quarter and postponed until 2:30 p.m. Friday.
- The Denton Ryan vs. Keller game that was postponed on Thursday will play at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Keller ISD Athletic Complex.
- The Friday night Mansfield Timberview vs. Red Oak game will starting at 6 p.m.
- The Friday night Sherman vs. Wylie game will start at 6 p.m.
- The Friday night Tulsa Holland Hall vs. Fort Worth All Saints game will start at 6 p.m.
- The Friday night Canton vs. Melissa game will start at 6:30 p.m.
- The Friday night Bullard Brook Hill vs. Frisco Legacy Christian game will start at 6:30 p.m.
(©2015 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)