By: Josh Clark
DALLAS (105.3 The Fan)
1. James Starks (GB/RB) – Another Eddie Lacy injury has Starks back in the driver seat for lead back duties. The Packers are saying they want to get Lacy more involved, but it’s getting hard to ignore the fact that Lacy just can’t stay healthy.
2. James White/Brandon Bolden – (NE/RB’s) – Dion Lewis is out for the season, so now what? James White appears to be the favorite in passing down situations. But if we’ve learned anything from Coach Belichick in the past with his running backs…It’s that what we expect to happen never actually does.
3. Joique Bell – (DET/RB) – It’s very difficult to figure out the carousel that is the Detroit Lions running back situation. Joique Bell and not Ameer Abdullah was the beneficiary of the coaching changes the Lions made prior to their trip to London in week 8. Bell ran for 56 yards on 7 carries, while Abdullah only received 1 carry the entire game. Had the Lions not been in catch up mode throughout, Bell would have gotten much more work out of the Lions backfield.
4. Blake Bortles (JAX/QB) – Bortles faces an atrocious Baltimore Ravens secondary this week. If you have a quarterback on a bye, look no further than Bortles if he’s available in your league.
5. Kamar Aiken (BAL/WR) – Coming off of a bye, the Baltimore Ravens face a weak Jacksonville Jaguars secondary. Joe Flacco doesn’t have many weapons to throw the ball to after Steve Smith Sr. went down with a season-ending injury, but Aiken should be the one getting most of his targets on Sunday.
Other Pickups: Devin Funchess, Dorial Green-Beckham, Matt Jones, Kirk Cousins & Robert Woods
(©2015 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)