Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — One person was injured in a Dallas house fire that investigators said was likely sparked by a gas explosion Friday night.

Dallas Fire-Rescue responded to the fire in the 2500 block of Evelyn Street around 10 p.m. Firefighters found debris — such as windows, bricks and burglar bars — that “appeared to have been blown from the one-story home” when they arrived, the department said. Six people were inside the home when it caught fire.

The department said one 911 caller said something “just blew up.”

Firefighters extinguished a fire inside a bathroom coming from underneath a bathtub. They said an exterior wall had been blown off.

The department said one person was in the bathroom at the time of the fire. Paramedics found that person standing in the street outside the home when they arrived and took them to a hospital for treatment. The department did not disclose their injuries or the person’s condition. No one else was hurt, but the house incurred significant structural damage.

As of 8:45 a.m. Saturday, the department said the investigation is ongoing, but investigators believe the fire was accidental and started in the bathroom from a gas explosion.

Atmos Energy released a statement around 12:15 p.m. Saturday:

“At approximately 10:19 p.m. Friday night, Atmos Energy crews were called by the fire department to investigate an incident in the Oak Cliff neighborhood of Dallas. After a thorough check of the natural gas system that serves 2535 Evelyn Street, Atmos Energy has concluded that its system remains safe. As a reminder, if you smell natural gas please leave the area immediately and from a safe distance call 911 and the Atmos Energy emergency line at 1-866-322-8667.”

(©2015 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)