Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Not sure what to get for someone on your Christmas shopping list?
“Everyone has at least one person that they say that person is so hard to shop for,” said Galleria Dallas stylist Holly Quartaro.
However, recommended Quartaro, before settling on a generic gift or a gift card, try going to that person’s social media pages online — especially Pinterest — to see if you can come up with an idea based on their interests. “Even if they have to return it,” Quartaro said, “buying a gift instead of a gift card gives it a more personal touch.”
If you’re still stumped on what to get, consider these top five gift ideas that you may have not considered yet.
- Touch-Tech Gloves: Compared to traditional winter gloves, touch-tech gloves (also referred to as e-tip gloves) allows a person to use a smartphone while keeping their hands warm. You can find some for as inexpensive as $20 on Amazon. The higher-end, more stylish gloves can be found at Coach for $145.
- Yeti Coolers & Drinkware: First designed by two Texas brothers for hunting and fishing, Yeti coolers and drinkware have become popular luxury items, even for the non-outdoorsman. Despite an expensive price tag, many sporting goods stores have had a hard time keeping them on the shelves. One of the best places to find these hard-to-get items are local fishing stores.
- Smartphone Projectors: While many people enjoy watching videos and movies on their smartphones, there’s still an occasion when they want to share those videos with family and friends on a bigger screen. That is where this popular gift can help. By plugging your smartphone into a pocket-size projector, videos and pictures can be displayed up to 60 inches in size. Top of the line wireless smartphone projectors run for $449 at Brookstone. Others start as low as $30.
- Coloring Books: They’re not just for kids anymore! Adult coloring books are a popular trend. Studies say that coloring is a great stress reliever. Nordstrom carries several adult coloring books starting at $14.95. Other books can be found at bookstores for under $10.
- Drones: One of the hottest gifts this holiday season is a drone, and one may be closer to your price range than you even realize. Some smaller drones start at around $40 while others, with multiple HD cameras, can run thousands of dollars.