Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter

HUMBLE (AP) – Smoke briefly filled part of a large Houston-area shopping mall after a hoverboard caught fire.

READ MORE: Texas Amber Alert Ended After 6-Year-Old Amari Baylor Found Safe

Police in the northeast Houston suburb of Humble say security staff at the Deerbrook Mall used a fire extinguisher to put out the small blaze Monday afternoon at a kiosk that sells the motorized two-wheel skateboard-like scooters.

READ MORE: Cancer Worries Lead To Recall Of 'All Lots' Of Anti-Smoking Drug Chantix

No injuries have been reported. The blaze was out by the time firefighters arrived.

Hoverboards have been popular gift items this Christmas but concerns have surfaced over the potential fire danger from lithium-ion batteries that power the devices. They’ve been banned from the three largest U.S. airlines.

MORE NEWS: Thousands Of Haitian Migrants Crowd Under Bridge To Wait In Texas Town On Mexican Border

(© Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)